Philippines Separating from the US, What Does Duterte Really Mean?

President Rodrigo Duterte boldly declared that the Philippines will separate politically and economically from the United States of America.

"I announce my separation from the United States both in the military but economics also. So please you have another problem of economics in my country," Duterte said. 
"I have separated from them so I will be dependent on you for a long time but don't worry we will also help," he added. 
Duterte said he also planned to visit Russia and firm up ties with Moscow. 
"I realign myself in your ideological flow and maybe I will also go to Russia to talk to Putin. There are three of us against the world. China, Philippines, Russia," Duterte said.
Given that the Philippines is an independent and sovereign nation, it IS in fact separate from the Unites States politically and economically. So, that's not really anything new.

What Duterte said about "realigning" with China's ideological flow is something that's intriguing and I guess, unless the president further clarifies this statement, we will be left with nothing more than speculation for the meantime.

Does this mean that we will now move towards becoming a communist republic? Will the president next ask the United States to remove its embassy and likewise order our ambassador to the US to come home? Will the Philippines start expelling US citizens as well as businesses from Philippine shores?

These things, along with others, will signal what president Duterte really means. 
Philippines Separating from the US, What Does Duterte Really Mean? Philippines Separating from the US, What Does Duterte Really Mean? Reviewed by PRF on 10:51 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

ads 728x90
Powered by Blogger.