Gordon to Faeldon: Bring Us Your Evidence on Lacson, We Will Investigate It

Senator Dick Gordon, Chairman of the Senate Blue Ribbon Committee, answered the challenge of resigned Bureau of Customs Commissioner Nicanor Faeldon to investigate his claim that Senator Panfilo Lacson was involved in cement smuggling.

"Dalahin ni Faeldon dito ang mga ebidensya. Pagaaralan natin. Iimbestigahan natin," said Gordon on TV Patrol.

"Andito siya ng ilang araw, bakit niya hindi sinabi yan?" 

(Translation: Faeldon should bring us his evidence. We will study it. We will investigate it. He was here for several days, why didn't he say anything about this?")

Senator Lacson issued a statement answering Faeldon's accusation:
“First, I have nothing to do with my son’s business activities; second, there is no smuggling of cement as it is not subject to customs tariff and duties but only subject to VAT (value added tax), which my son said, when I checked with him just now, they always pay; third, he should have filed charges against my son if he now says, he’s into smuggling; fourth, it doesn’t make sense that I will expose the shenanigans in the BOC, if my son is cheating on taxes as Faeldon is now accusing him of. The logical thing for me to do is not to make the expose’ and just keep quiet. For the record, I have always reminded my son to be on the level in whatever business dealings he would have because if not, I’ll be the first one to castigate him and even initiate filing of charges against him.”
Reacting to a Faeldon's late revelations on smuggling at the Bureau of Customs, a friend said:

May mali talaga sa ganitong kalakaran. Hindi ba dapat lang isiwalat nila ang nalalaman nilang kalokohan sa gobyerno? Ang nangyayari ginagamit ng mga opisyal natin bilang pang-blackmail sa ibang politiko ang mga nalalaman nila. Bale kung magkakasundo sila wala na lang. Tahimik na lang. Hindi na ibibisto ang nalalaman. Ganun? Hindi ba kaipokritohan din yan?

(Translation: "There is something wrong about this manner of doing things. Isn't it just right that they reveal the shenanigans being perpetrated in government? What is happening is that  officials use whatever they know to blackmail people. So if they come to an agreement, people will just behave as if nothing happened. People will just be quiet. Nothing will be exposed. Is that right? Isn't that hypocrisy also?") 

“Let us not be hypocrites. I know you. You cannot look at me in the eyes. If you push me to the wall, I will tell the whole world what you have been doing (at Customs),” Faeldon said, addressing lawmakers in an interview over dzMM.
Gordon to Faeldon: Bring Us Your Evidence on Lacson, We Will Investigate It Gordon to Faeldon: Bring Us Your Evidence on Lacson, We Will Investigate It Reviewed by PRF on 8:50 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

ads 728x90
Powered by Blogger.